Monday 15 February 2016

Ontario Cup Track #3 - 2016

Another good day racing at the track in the mixed Senior Elite/Masters Category 2. 4th Points Race, 3rd Scratch Race and 1st Elimination, my first ever win on the track and first win in 25 years.

Disappointed how the points race unfolded as there were 5 of us on 5 points with one sprint remaining. I mistakenly did not follow two of them who finished ahead of me in the third sprint. They went on to take 1st and 3rd in the final sprint. Another who went with them although finished on the same points as I, finished ahead of me in the last sprint. Lesson learned.

The scratch race however I was very pleased with. Felt I was in control, active and attentive.

The elimination, well it was just textbook riding. Love this race!

Elimination Podium - Derek Koops 3rd, Charles Cormier 2nd and me 1st

Scratch Race Podim - me 3rd, Matthew Ford 2nd and Darren Hobson 1st

2 comments:

  1. Well Done, a great day's racing ..I enjoyed it ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to the Provincials next weekend

    ReplyDelete