Sunday 8 May 2011

No Racing This Weekend - Happy Mother's Day!

Racing today was cancelled earlier in the week and just as well for a number of reasons:
1. It provided me some time to recover from this illness;
2. Allows me to get more endurance miles in;
3. Gives me a few more bucks in the wallet as I’m not paying for race registration or gas; and most importantly...
4. I get to spend some quality weekend time with my three children and my wife on this Mother’s Day Weekend!
Training this week was just hard.  The cough as a result of the cold was at its all time worse.  Any effort put out resulted in a hacking fit that made it next to impossible to ride.  Interval workouts on Tuesday were completed but not at the same intensity as weeks prior.  On Thursday, I had to cut them short as I just felt awful.  By Saturday, I was beginning to feel better although still coughing.  I still managed a good workout on Saturday with some Over/Under intervals and a nice three hour ride on Sunday.  Weather was still cold (at 7 in the morning) but the sun was shining.
Looking forward to another block of racing over the next 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment